Free abandoned rooster needs a flock

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Whitewinterwolf, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I picked up this little guy after his owners left him...well...dumped him...
    He is a very nice and gentle bird, however he did not get along with my rooster...I mean my rooster did not get along with him. (He wouldn't stop attacking him) So needless to say I can not keep him.
    He is living in my basement and needs a flock [​IMG]
    He has been de-wormed with Valbazen, de-bugged with Ivermec, and treated for cocidia.
    He is a very gentle roo, I can handle him, I have bathed him, and I have hugged him [​IMG]
    Anyway, I would really rather my mother not eat him...SO if you are in need of a roo, or think you can handle another roo, he is a very good boy and would love to go home with you!
    I was told he looks like a under a year old Road-island red, EE cross [​IMG] He is currently molting also poor guy...
    Alright ill open shipping! I have someone who will help me do it, so as long as you dont mind covering shipping coasts then I will ship.

Let me know if you want any more pictures or any other info on him!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. lavenderorpgirl

lavenderorpgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    I'd like to see this lil guy get a home...its SUPER easy to ship. They adopter can or you can get a box from http://www.hm-e.net/ or any number of sellers, you would put some straw in the bottom and an apple or pear for moisture, tape it up securely and then ship him via USPS Express Mail. Buyer would pay for that and it's safe, I've shipped several LARGE birds and they all arrived A-OK!

I think if you offering shipping you might be able to get him a home...if you do decided to offer shipping let me know and I'll send your listing around to my gang :eek:)

My email is [email protected]

Have a happy day!

Jo

3. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    i would pay for shipping, im in acworth, ga. i desperately need a roo! no one seems to have any around here. i would just be concerned for his safety. that's a long trip for the poor guy!

4. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Alright as long as someone walks me threw how to ship him then i'll offer it!

5. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Quote:Well, I might be opening him up to shipping, I just need to find someone who would be willing to walk me threw how to do it ^^;

6. ProudNewChickenMommy86

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    me too lol

7. lavenderorpgirl

lavenderorpgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Quote:Well, I might be opening him up to shipping, I just need to find someone who would be willing to walk me threw how to do it ^^;

I would be happy to help walk you through it.

Getting a plane now but will be back home and online later tonight - you can email me or pm and I'll send you my phone number, or please send me yours and I'll give you a ring.

And really, shipping is super duper easy!!

I am getting ready to ship Paco - big lav orp - who's going to AZ on Monday morning...

Jo

8. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts

I would be happy to help walk you through it.

Getting a plane now but will be back home and online later tonight - you can email me or pm and I'll send you my phone number, or please send me yours and I'll give you a ring.

And really, shipping is super duper easy!!

I am getting ready to ship Paco - big lav orp - who's going to AZ on Monday morning...

Jo

Oh thank you so much!

9. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Quote:He will be OK! Lavender Orp Girl sent me a big lavender rooster from PA to north Idaho and he was crowing when I picked him up. Am breed a hen first thing when I put him in the pen. That was before he drank or eat.

10. ProudNewChickenMommy86

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    Now I I'm excited [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by