1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free adult Araucana bantams, breeding pairs and trios

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Agilityscots, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Agilityscots

Agilityscots Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Hi everyone,

I've been talking with a nice breeder in Eaton, Ohio who has several show Araucana bantams that he needs to find homes for; the birds are currently in Lexington, Kentucky, and he's giving them away for free because they're not in an ideal situation at the moment. If anyone is interested, you'd only have to pay for shipping, or you could pick up in Lexington. The breeder's name is Alan Stanford, and his email address is [email protected]. He's a very nice man and I told him I'd post here so that we could find homes for his other birds...

Amy

2. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    OMG!!!!! Brown egg blue egg has free chickens!!!!! I really wish I could get them, but I don't think I have the space. I am about to cry!!!!! :eek:

3. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Quote:I know...believe me! I was going to take 3 hens and a roo, but my DH doesn't want birds in the basement (and that's the only place I have to quarantine them). It's a real tragedy. The breeder says that these are from the top show line in the country!

Amy

4. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    I want them so bad, how much would it be to ship do you think for a pair, can two fit in one box? Why would someone give these away for FREE??

5. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I sent a message to the e-mial address that you posted. Thanks very much for posting this. Do you know if Alan lives in Lexington? I have seen his name on the board, but have never seen a posting directly from him.

6. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I emailed. We'll see if he writes back. [​IMG] I'd like a trio if they fit in one box. I have one chicken tractor left they could go in!

Stacy

7. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Yah!!!!! My mom will let me see if we can get a pair!! I don't have coop yet, but I will get one this spring or summer. But I have a 2.5x2.5 ft Havahart cage they could stay in untill I sell my 10 silkie roos who are taking up the chicken runs!!

8. Agilityscots

Jun 9, 2007
    Central Ohio
    Quote:No, the person he described as an "ex-friend" lives in Lexington, and that's who's got the birds. He lives in Eaton, north of Dayton, Ohio. I'm sure he'd be happy to get good homes for the birds, because his former friend wasn't taking care of them.

Amy

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Folks, I just got a note back from Alan. This is a rescue operation, so please only inquire if you are serious about helping these birds and offering them a great home.

Below is a list he sent of what is available (I'm sure he won't mind if I share it with some great poultry friends). He will only offer them as breeding groups and does not want to put them thru any more stress of splitting them up. (completely understandable) I hope someone out there can help.

These are what are available.
    Columbian - 1 Hen, 1 Cock
    Black - 3 hens, 1 Cock (Brown Red cock)
    Blue / Splash – 1 Hen, 1 Cock (has red)
    White - 3 Hen, 1 Cock

These might be spoken for

Silver Duckwing – 2 Hen, 1 Cock

Jody​

10. Freddy

Freddy Out Of The Brooder

hello there I would like to take a few off his hands but does anyone know how much it would cost to ship to California? For 2 and for 4 birds?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by