1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Free Adult Male DORKING Rooster and his hens...

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Jan336, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Jan336

Jan336 Songster

I have a free adult male Dorking rooster I need to give to an experienced owner. He comes free with his various (non dorking) hens. Please be experienced in the history and preservation of Dorkings.

Please plan to take his hens (sexlinks black and some red) total of 5-7 they stay with him.

I have become limited in my mobility due to arthritis and Lupus and cannot give them the care they need any longer. My rooster was a prize winner in show local fair years ago.

He is proven breeder.

PICK UP ONLY IN KERNERSVILLE, NC.
    email: [email protected]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. UncleRay

UncleRay In the Brooder

May 26, 2015
    I know a little about the Dorking. It considered one of the oldest breeds, it is mild tempered and it has five toes. It come from Italy and they produce white eggs. I would love to come and get them if I may I live about an hour and 15 minutes away in Mt. Pleasant, NC. I have some chickens but I also have an extra coop for your rooster and his hens. They would be a nice addition to my little family.

Ray

3. AmyLM

AmyLM Songster

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    I wish i was closer. I would take him in a heartbeat. I have a dorking hen who I absolutely adore. Shes a non layer but I dont care! Shes such a sweet girl.

4. NevaehFeathers

NevaehFeathers In the Brooder

Jul 11, 2015
    York, Sc
    I've recently read about Dorkings and this passion has started for wanting to breed them in the future to help preserve. Is your beautiful guys still in need of a home with his hens? He would be the only rooster and I plan to get started with Dorking hens/pullets next year. I'm right outside Charlotte, Nc but will travel to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: