FREE araucana eggs, TN -- OR will pay for someone to hatch

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amazondoc, Nov 15, 2008.

1. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey guys --

I have five bantam araucana eggs going to waste. These are true bantam araucanas, not ameraucanas or EEs.

I don't know the exact parentage on these eggs, or if they are even fertile. The fathers could be either of two roos -- both are rumpless, one is double tufted salmon, the other is clean faced buff. The mother of two of the eggs is rumpless, clean faced, and buff; the mother of the other three eggs could be any of four other hens, all rumpless except for one with two tail feathers, and all with at least one tuft, mixed colors.

If anyone wants these, they are free for the taking. I will NOT ship. The oldest egg was laid last Monday, the others were laid between Wednesday and today. I am located in Lebanon, TN, but I will be happy to meet you anywhere between Lebanon and Knoxville when I drive to Knoxville in the next coupla days.

OR -- I would be happy to pay anyone in that same area to incubate these eggs for me!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  2. qhluvr34

qhluvr34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Brazil, Indiana
    Just curious, but why won't you ship?

3. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    For free eggs, I mostly just don't want to be bothered. If I get serious about selling hatching eggs in the spring, I'll be willing to ship then.

4. qhluvr34

qhluvr34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Brazil, Indiana
    No problem. When you are serious about selling, I would be interested in some.

5. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    I'm interested!!!! [​IMG]
    We're 45 minutes to an hour east but my brother goes to UT and he can find you or something I'll send you a pm [​IMG]

6. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    I live thirty minutes south of knoxville if you want and you can meet me I live in Niota thats by sweetwater. I will put them in a bator and see if they hatch and then give them back to you for nothing I wont charge you i hatch all the time let me know

7. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey Jamie --

Thanks SO much for your offer. I have promised this batch of eggs to ChickNjake, but I will definitely keep you in mind for the future. Thanks!

8. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    no prob just wanted to help you out doesnt cost me a thing to put them in with other eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by