free at last!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by The Kibble Goddess, Aug 19, 2010.

1. The Kibble Goddess

The Kibble Goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Sylvania, Ga
    I've been keeping the girls in a puppy playpen inside of the run during the day as I knew that they could slip through the chainlink and was certain the dogs would get them. Turned them out today and they are having a blast! They are 5 weeks old and are scratching, flapping & testing out all the roosts. They still have to go up in the garage at night in a big dog kennel as the coop's not done and we have racoons [​IMG]. They want to be in their dog kennel come dusk, so I hope I won't have any trouble catching them up. Chose to do this today as I'm working from home and can keep an eye on them. People who work from home should not own chickens as chicken watching is a near perfect method of work avoidance!

Question: Is 'chooks' pronounced the same as 'book' or as 'loop'? It's not a word I've ever seen or heard before.

2. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    Pronounced like "Boo" or "Oooooooo, look at my chooks." At least around my house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by