FREE Australorp Rooster -Concord/Charlotte Area, NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arlee453, May 14, 2009.

1. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I have roosters that need to go! If I don't find them homes in the next week they will have to be decrowed permanently (euthanized). I can't have the neighbors complaining if I want to keep my birds...

Here's what I got:

3 silky roosters. They are an interesting color - sort of black with partridge higlights. They like to crow. They were hatched last summer so are about 8 months old. Pretty good natured - I don't have to worry about the kamikaze attack with them.

1 Australorp Rooster - he's GORGEOUS and has a really nice crow. This is the only reason he's still around. He was hatched in March of 2008 - a hatchery chick missexed in the pullet bin at TSC. His name is Q. Now the bad part - he is aggressive and very protective of his ladies - not a rooster for little kids to be around, but a great rooster for a free range flock because he WILL protect the girls. I'd rather him go to a pet/farm home where someone can use him - not only would he be tough to eat I am sort of attached to him... I'm sure he'd make pretty australorp babies.

1 Young mystery rooster. He's from this year's TSC pullet bin [​IMG] so about 6-8 weeks old - grow him out a few more weeks and he'd probably make a good sunday dinner.

The price is right - FREE - and I'll even drive to meet you within a 30 mile radius of downtown Concord NC.

Will post pics later today.

Anyone...anyone...Beuller??....??

Susan

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I found a home for my roos on Craig's List. I insisted upon delivering, so I could see the place, and it was great. they had posted an ad for Wanted- Unwanted Chickens.

Some ads are scams, I got lucky this time.

3. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    That's a good idea, ranchhand. I've been avoiding posting on Craigslist because I didn't want to have people coming to the house or knowing where I live. Didn't think about putting 'delivery only' on the ad...

4. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Just got the Australorp left - he's a beauty & would make great little australorp babies....

Let me know if there is anyone interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by