Free bantam black polish roo (Western NC)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Dec 1, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Just was gifted one too many roos. He's solid black, crest and body. Around 7 months old.

I have no girls to give with him. I'm actually getting rid of roos b/c I don't have enough girls.

No shipping. Pick up only. Located half way between Asheville and Hickory, conveniently off of I-40.

ETA: He is for a pet or breeder, NOT for meat. His crest is not great right now, but I see some pin feathers so I think he still has some more growing in to do.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. coachhaze

coachhaze Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2008
    Morganton
    I live in Morganton. I am interested in the roo for my flock. I have 75 free range girls and 15 boys. I was wondering if you have any pictures of the young man. I am busy playing santa all this weekend so I can't pick him up right away.

coachhaze

3. coachhaze

coachhaze Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2008
    Morganton
    Have you found a home for the roo?

I am very interested in taking him off of your hands. If you could meet me 1/2 way I will pick him up Monday after I get out of school.

coachhaze60

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    He is pending right now.

If he falls through though, I'd really prefer he go to a smaller none free range flock. Crested breeds generally do not do well predator wise in free range flocks and with 13 other roosters and that many other hens, pecking issues would probably be huge on his poor little noggin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by