Free Bantam Splash Salmon Faverolle Cockeral

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hcammack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    This little guy is from HatTrickSilkies and is a sweet heart he is very nice and gentle. He is still young and still hat feathering and filling out to do. He isn't crowing yet. He would make a fantastic bet or addition to a mixed flock. I think because of his unusual color he would not make the best breeder but I am not positive about that. He would make a fantastic project bird though. He has his extra toe on each foot and has pretty foot feathering. He is a very gentle and nice little boy. At the bottom of the post are pictures of birds that are related to him he should look like the cockeral just in his unusual splach cloring. This beautiful little guy is for pickup only come give him a great home. At this time I don't have any pullets or hens for sale. I am willing to give this bird away free for local pickup I just want to find him a good BYC home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Henry

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  2. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I will ship him if you walk me through the proccess and send me the apropriate box. I have never shipped birds before so I would need help figuring the process out.

Henry

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    This boy is now free to a good BYC home. He is a great bird and I will sorely miss him hope someone wants him.

Henry

4. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Henry.
    He is a blue splash... bred to a regular salmon, he will produce all blue salmon offspring.
    Id keep him if I were you [​IMG]

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I was just worried because of his light beard which would be a problem in any color Faverolle I also have three cockeral which is a few to many for the suburbs [​IMG]

6. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Listen to Peachick. She is right. He is splash. His beard is suppose to be that color. He is actually my favorite out of your roosters, and will get 100% blue when bred to black.

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:AHHH [​IMG] I just don't know I really like him to but someone has contacted me wanting him. I just think I don't have enough room for all three of these boys and he isn't breeding yet [​IMG] I think he is pretty but the blue guy is mature already. I think three crowing boys would just drive everyone over the edge and all of the roosters would have to go then. Why is he your favorite I think he is kinda ugly compared to the other two. Your talking about the boy in the middle in the very first picture that is smaller not the one on the actual page right?

Thanks for the advice,
    Henry

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  8. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    i would gladly take any eggs you got from him!!! he's a cutie!

even if he is not a standard color his genetic line would be great to work with since they are hard to come by!

9. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Chickie'sMoma :

i would gladly take any eggs you got from him!!! he's a cutie!

even if he is not a standard color his genetic line would be great to work with since they are hard to come by!

Ohh no I really can't keep him he is great but hopefully out of my Blue Salmon to Blue Salmon Breedings I will get some hens or pullets that carry his genetics.

Henry​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by