Free Bantams in CA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mamabevens, Apr 8, 2009.

1. mamabevens

mamabevens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2009
    Northern California
    I have a partridge cochin roo and a mille fleur d'uccle pullet both 7 weeks old that I have to give up. [​IMG] no roosters allowed. CocoPuff (roo) and Twinkie (pullet) are inseperable so they go as a pair. They are my sweetest little fluffies ever. As soon as I sit down they are on my knee and wanting love. CocoPuff even brought me a slug yesterday. That's when I knew I had to get rid of him soon before I started getting way too attached. I am in central California. I really want them to go to someone who will love them as much as I do. I also have a 6 week old SLW pullet that has a thing for CocoPuff as well, she hasn't figured out she isn't a bantam yet. She might be in the deal as well. Thanks

2. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Hi, I just lost one of my two bantams a few days ago. The big girls will not have anything to do with the little guy and chase him sometimes and he keeps calling for his girl [​IMG] I keep praying that he won't end up crowing loudly. Sometimes bantams don't. I am so in love with him, and am so sad about the little girl. I need to find him another little companion before he dies of a broken heart [​IMG] When I saw that you live in Northern California, I thought that would be perfect. Then I saw that you have a boy that needs a home. There is actually no law against having roosters here, and we found that out after we found a home for our last one. But we cannot have a loud one now because we have more hens that are legally allowed. Even though they have more than enough room and are spoiled to death. But if the cops get called, if they wanted to, they can tell us to get rid of some of them. Has your boy started crowing yet?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  3. mamabevens

mamabevens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2009
    Northern California
    I am sorry to hear about your little one. My big girls aren't very nice to my bantys either. CocoPuff started crowing at 5 weeks. Well, I guess you can call it a crow, it is more like a stutter. He would do it at 8 o'clock when they were in the house. They went out to the coop at six weeks and I haven't heard him since. So at what age do they do their full crowing sound?

4. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Oh, I don't know. That might be all he'll ever do. Bantams can have very soft crows. If I were you, I would wait to find a home. He sounds like such a sweetheart [​IMG] I wish mine would bring me treats [​IMG] Find a good home and then if you need it later you can give him to them. There is a good chance that he won't get much louder. If you have not heard him crow since, that means that your neighbors probably can't hear him either [​IMG]

5. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:That . . . is the sweetest thing I have read in a very long time. I sincerely hope your situation works out. Please do keep the forum posted on how this develops!

Best of luck from a former MoCo Californian!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by