Free bantams in OHIO

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by GitaBooks, Sep 18, 2016.

1. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    I've got a large flock of bantams and I plan to drop significantly the number I have before winter. However, I don't just want to eat all these nice birds, most of which are healthy, handsome, and young. I also have a few standard roosters in need of new homes.

Some of my bantams have health issues at 2 months of age, but after this time they seem strong and healthy without any issues. However, stress can make any bird sick so if you plan to take any of my birds, please minimize the stress of over-heating, cold temperatures, crowded conditions, poor air-quality, poor food quality, dehydration, and introducing them to your flock too quickly. I've had some people say they lost birds that were healthy on my farm for years once they took them to new homes and it makes me really sad to think they died feeling stressed.

The birds I have available are all roosters. If you are interested in one or more of them, just let me know. We are willing to bring them anyone up to 2 hours away. I'm sorry, but we can't ship.

Available Birds::::
    Rivera: Splash Rose-comb bantam, about 4 months of age. Pure-bred from Cackle hatchery
    Rory: Splash laced red wyandotte x Buff Brahma mix rooster. About 8 months old
    Daughtry: Dalmatian mix rooster with some spots, no crest, light skin. Around 7 months old.
    Frodo: Dalmatian mix rooster with some spots, no crest, light skin. Around 7 months old.
    Nori: Dalmatian mix rooster with some spots, no crest, light skin. Around 7 months old.
    Ward: White bantam x standard mix. About 2 months old
    Fitz: Paint bantam x standard mix. About 2 months old
    Honesty: Dark skinned white bantam rooster with feathered feet. About 6 months old.
    Jax: White bantam with no crest and light skin. About 2 months old
    Nestor: Crested Buff Brahma mix. About 4 months old
    Spock: Pure Silver Sebright from McMurray. About 1 year of age
    Iota: Blue-grey laced mix-breed bantam with dark skin. About 2 months old
    Key: Muffed white bantam with slight Dalmatian spots. About 1 month old
    Chark: Light skin, feathered feet, no crest, white. About 1 month old
    Timbaktu: Pied Dalmatian bantam with light skin. About 1 month old
    Trip: Pied Dalmatian Bantam. About 1 month old.
    Second Chance: White with light skin and a small amount of pied markings. No crest or feathers on the feet. About 1 month old
    Everest: White silkie-featehred bantam mix with light skin. About 1 month old
    Gage: Buff Columbian bantam mix. About 1 month old

Some of the Dalmatian roosters
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nestor
    [​IMG]

Rory (he has blue lacing on his chest)
    [​IMG]

Honesty
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by