1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

FREE Barred Rock Chick- 4 weeks- Maine- FREE

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SeaChick, May 24, 2010.

1. SeaChick

SeaChick Songster

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    We bought 7 sexed pullets that were hatched April 27. We're suspecting the Plymouth Barred Rock may not be a Chloe, but a Charlie. There's nothing definitive yet, no larger or red comb.... but she/he's feathering in more slowly than the other 6, and we just have a "feeling". It's an adorable chick, but we cannot have a rooster here, so we're looking for a good home for this baby.

All of our chicks are hand-raised in our home with lots of human contact. Although we feed 100% organic after about 6 weeks, this chick is still on medicated starter and was vaccinated against Mareks. She/he is very healthy and adorable.

This baby should go to a home with other like-aged chicks. (3-6 weeks??)

We live in Cumberland, Maine. I'd be willing to drive and meet you (within reason) for the right home. I don't want this baby ending up in the stew pot [​IMG]

P.S. I won't hold anyone to their 1 cent bid..... I couldn't put a zero into the buy/sell format, sorry: the chick IS free...

Last edited: May 24, 2010

2. chicknerd

chicknerd Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    Do you have a picture?

I have BR about the same age - 6 weeks. I may be interested.

Deb

3. SeaChick

SeaChick Songster

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I will take one for you- just a sec...

4. SeaChick

SeaChick Songster

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Here you go.
    All the other chicks from the same hatch date (presumed pullets) have much, much longer tails and wings, and more feathering everywhere...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by