Free Barred Rock Lap Roos - Central Indiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FrontPorchIndiana, May 31, 2008.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG]

I hatched a batch of SpeckledHen's Barred Rocks a little over six weeks ago. The three boys in front in the picture will become the stew brothers; Stew, Stewie and Stewart if I can't find good homes for them. They're so sweet they really deserve to be pets and not dinner. Free to good BYC homes.

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Take em 2 chickenstock June 7 in Sellersburg

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Christine, since I lost their daddy and their big brother Zane might not recover from his injury, if you were closer, I might take one back from you. Alas, you're all the way over in Indiana. I hope you find them a home. Hawkeye's kids, with only one exception Ive ever known of, have been the sweetest roosters you can imagine. Only one has ever been skittish.

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Christine, what part of Indiana are you in? It is just vaguely possible that we might be able to arrange transport between you and Cynthia through me, especially if you are in the southern part of the state. I will be travelling fairly frequently between Lebanon (mid-TN) and Knoxville (East TN) over the next few months, and around August I will be driving down to Cynthia's place. You never know, we might be able to arrange something. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Oh, my goodness, I'm so touched that you would even think of this, amazon! What a nice gesture! [​IMG] Please do not go to any trouble on my account. It means so much that you even thought of it!

6. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Well -- no promises, but I'd be happy to bring an extra passenger along if it happened to work out. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

It was just so sweet of you to even think of it, but please do not go out of your way to do this. The nicest people are part of the BYC family, I always say.

8. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    We're in central Indiana, but wouldn't mind a day trip to Lebanon sometime! We're looking for a mini vacation within driving distance.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  9. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Let's keep talking about it, maybe it would work. [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

Hey, Chris, how many of the boys turned out to be pure BRs? Are all three pures? Just wondering. I know I sent you a mix of eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by