Free Beautiful Sizzle Rooster with fertilized eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 4chickns, Nov 19, 2010.

1. 4chickns

4chickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    I need to find a good home for this little guy. He was born on May 1st of this year. He has beautiful white sizzled feathers and black feet. His mother is a splash silkie and his father is a white frizzled bantam cochin. I would like him to be picked up, but I can meet someone if it is not too far. I will also include some fertilized eggs from my beautiful white silkie if you would like (he's the daddy). I need to find a home for him soon so I can move my other two chickens into the coop (he doesn't get along with our other roo).
    I am in west central NJ.
    Thank you!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. pixy

pixy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Jersey
    Super cute! I might be interested, how is his temperment? I have a small flock (4 hens) and am hesitant to add an agressive / obnoxious roo to my sweet girls.

3. 4chickns

4chickns Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2009
    New Jersey
    I will say that he is not good with our silkie roo, not at all. However, he is good with us and his hens. He's very comfortable around us and doesn't attack or attempt to chase us, and he calls the girls over for food that he finds. He's not the sweetest roo ever, but he takes care of his girls and seems to like us (maybe because we bring them treats all the time). He crows periodically throughout the day, but certainly nothing excessive. He is a beautiful bird and I'm sure he would make some really adorable chicks, too! What kind of hens do you have?

4. pixy

pixy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Jersey
    Our hens are a unique bunch, we have a new hampshire red, a silver laced wyandotte, a bantam barred rock, and my little broody black cochin.

He sounds like a good match for our flock, my girls would like a protector and boyfriend [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by