Free Bielefelder hen (It sneezes) Located in LOMBARD, IL

Chicken_Legend

Chirping
Oct 12, 2020
I have recently picked up a Bielefelder hen from a friend of mine to add to my current flock. I kept her quarantined for 3 weeks before I think about introducing her to my flock but I decided against it. I do not want to take the risk.

Here's what I have been giving her:

1. Corvid powder mixed in her drinking water.
2. VetRX. I rubbed some of that stuff on her beak, feet, under her wings and buttocks.

She's drinking fine and eating fine. Her feces looks healthy. She is free! Thank you.

Attachments

• PXL_20210108_153430502.jpg
    PXL_20210108_153430502.jpg
    843.3 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20210108_153428693.jpg
    PXL_20210108_153428693.jpg
    822.3 KB · Views: 13
Aw poor girl. I hope she finds a home. two of my pullets had what i thought was an infection so the doctor prescribed anitbiotics and now we can't eat their eggs for 4 months. I have to throw away ALL of their eggs because we have no way of telling who laid them. I would take her in a heartbeat except that it would add more time to the egg problem because of her meds and i don't have the facility to separate her from my flock. Where are you located? Maybe I can ask around!

Aw poor girl. I hope she finds a home. two of my pullets had what i thought was an infection so the doctor prescribed anitbiotics and now we can't eat their eggs for 4 months. I have to throw away ALL of their eggs because we have no way of telling who laid them. I would take her in a heartbeat except that it would add more time to the egg problem because of her meds and i don't have the facility to separate her from my flock. Where are you located? Maybe I can ask around!
Hey thanks! I am in Lombard, IL. I really like her and it took me a long time to find an adult Biel and it sucks that I have to get rid of her. Ugh!

Hey thanks! I am in Lombard, IL. I really like her and it took me a long time to find an adult Biel and it sucks that I have to get rid of her. Ugh!
UghI am in NJ so probably of zero help to you unless I found someone and you could charter a private jet - we don't want her to get covid on a commercial flight LOL. no but seriously I wish I could help. I hope you find her a really nice home.

Hi there, I'm in Riverwoods. I have a lonely lil silkie roo who would love the company (my hens are kept separate and I fear they would not welcome her), but I would absolutely need to know that she's not sick/contagious. I lost my two other beloved roos a few months ago and I can't go through it again.😭 If you would arrange a vet visit for her to really pin down what's going on, I'd gladly pay for it. And if she's all clear I will take her. But if she's all clear, you may not want to part with her. Let me know! Niles Animal Hospital is great if you don't already have one<3

Back
Top Bottom