FREE! BIG OrpX Cutie-Roo-12 Wks/ FREE!! /N. Ga./*New Pics*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Aug 1, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This very hefty 12- week old cockerel is out of a Blue Orp rooster (Suede) over RIR/Buff Orp hen (Meg, who is out of exhibition size Buff Orp stock).

Roosevelt's mother is about 9-10 lb and his sire 13 lb so I'm betting he'll top 12 lbs. when he matures.

Was raised by a broody hen (still living with her in the old ladies' coop). I need him to have a nice home where he can belong. Don't want him to be here at mating age as he will be too large for those girls.

The newest feathers coming in are flaming red-orange like his mama, so he may be a good start on a red Orpington project for someone.

I'd like to see pics of your coop/pen where he will be living, please. Must reassure myself that he will have a safe home environment.

Pickup only, won't ship. I'm in Fannin County, GA, right at the NC line.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

*cry* [​IMG] I don't think my budget is going to let me come get him the way I wanted, this week. *cry*

I'm wangling the budget like crazy, but dollars don't respond the same as Chicken Math. I'm going to give it my all, though.

*cry*

3. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    That is gonna be one MONSTER of a chicken!! Wow, is that the mama?? (3rd picture)

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is the broody who raised him, but not his biological mom. This red hen, my RIR/Buff Orp cross Meg, is Roosevelt's mom.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by