Free Black Australorp roosters - South Carolina - TAKEN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by calee, Jul 6, 2008.

1. calee

calee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2008
    Upstate, SC
    We have 2 Black Australorp roosters that need a home. They are about 7 weeks old. They will tolerate having their chests rubbed if there's something in it for them (getting out of the pen or treats), but it takes a lot more patience & calmness than it does with our Barred Rock and RIR roos.

We'd love for someone to take them as keepers, so we'll give folks who'd be giving them a home preference if we get multiple responses.

We are in upstate SC- about 20 minutes from Spartanburg, 50 minutes from Greenville, and 90 minutes from Columbia.

We also have 2 FRIENDLY Plymouth Barred Rocks and 2 Rhode Island Red roos.

Please PM me if interested! I'll try to get photos up Monday or Tuesday night.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. calee

calee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2008
    Upstate, SC
    Here is the whole flock:
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the Black Australorp roos (they wouldn't stand still for me!):
    [​IMG]

3. calee

calee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2008
    Upstate, SC
    Yay! A really nice lady from my local Freecycle is taking all 6 of our roosters. I'm excited- she's had roosters before (20 or so at a time), and once she heard that they get along just fine in one enclosure together, she was happy to take them as a group. She said her family just likes to have an animal trail following behind them, that they aren't for the soup pot.

[​IMG]

Thank you, everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by