Free Black East Indies drakes-Ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by 4-H chicken mom, Oct 13, 2010.

1. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I need to learn how to sex ducklings. I hatched 10 ducklings for myself and only got three females out of the bunch. So now I have seven Black East Indies drakes that need a new homes. They are three months old now and they are free to anyone willing to pick them up. Sorry I cannot ship. No females available. I live in Northern Ohio. E-mail or PM me if interested.
    [​IMG]

2. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Wow those are purdy!
    Wish i lived closer

3. Miss Ducky

Miss Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Michigan
    How friendly are they?

4. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    I just picked up 4 of these, and WOW. Not only great people to deal with, there animals are given the best of the best!!!

These are my 1st BEI ducks, they are a little skidish with me right now, but after a few min of talking and petting them they cool right down.
    I brought them home and kept them in a small cage and put that in the big pen with the rest of the ducks and they all seemed friendly and didnt make much noise. I opened the door on the BEI kennel and they walked right out and jumped right in the pond....its been bliss since.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! [​IMG]

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Thank you so much for the kind words. We wish you the best of luck. Maybe we can get you some females next year. [​IMG]

6. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    Yeah I hope!!! [​IMG]
    Hopefully you can allow me to be an egg tester this spring, Ill make the drive!
    Especially if I can test a few Mandarin eggs too, lol.

Once again Thanks alot!

7. judyc

judyc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow! I had the opposite situation, ending up with 3 BEI drakes and 6 ducks. I hope the boys can keep up.

8. _MACE_

_MACE_ New Egg

Oct 13, 2010
    FORT LAUDERDALE FLORIDA
    dang. i never seen a duck that color. will the color change at all as the duck matures?
    also, these are like show ducks? or are they to be found naturally in your area?
    thnkz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by