FREE Black Rose Comb Cockeral in WV near PA and MD **Pics**

Msbear

Fancy Banties
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Sharpsburg, MD.
I let my broody hatch two this spring and, of course, got two roos. Im going to send one to the fair in the summer and one's up for grabs right now. They are both super handsome and my rose combs are real nice. Check out my website for more pics.

100_2194-1.jpg

100_2203-1.jpg

Id rather not ship him. I know it's expensive and really hard on the birds.

Thanks for the interest! -Erin

He's yours. you need him. I have a black and blue hen too! My blue hen still isn't laying though. She laid a couple eggs in June and they were rather large and Im sure they hurt:( then I found one under the ferns a couple weeks ago that I think was hers too. then nothing! I wonder if she's scared it'll hurt again... do you think that's possible???

I'll keep him here til you can come and get him...one week, one month...whatever:) Let me know
D.gif

Or I can meet you in H-town. I frequently go there for stuff. My dad lives outside Hagerstown in Sharpsburg.

This could be the first time I'll meet a BYC member in person!!
big_smile.png

Here are a few pics of his daddy

100_1109.jpg

100_1110-1.jpg

Last edited:
How how is he approximately? Which one would I be getting? The one on the left or right? Their both beautiful!

Another question: Do you show your chickens?

I want to start. These particular birds are from Curtis Geary out of Uniontown, PA. He shows...and wins:) Im thinking I might be keeping the one on the right, but I don't know...it changes every week. The one on the left is more personable and I can walk over and just pick him up. The other is a sweety to but I have to chase him down!

I did show the daddy this summer at the fair and he won best in his class (wasn't much competition) and he lost to my cochin roo for best bantam and best cockeral.. I did go to the Frederick fair and they had several rosecombs -some blues, a lot of blacks and a splash. I may be bias
big_smile.png
but none of those birds held a candle to Sgt. Pepper (Daddy) no way no how no matter how ya slice it!!! He is a really nice bird.

They are app. 3 mo. old. I'd have to check my calendar but I believe they hatched out July 17???? maybe?

btw, Dr. Geary has gotten stock from Rick Hare and Katherine Plumer so I know he has some darn good birds!

Last edited:
I'll see when we will be down that way to pick him up. Our blue rosecomb roo disappeared yesterday. We let ours free-range (since its fall we let all the breeds run together)

My cochin roo chased ours into a crawlspace a couple months ago and he was not as...agile...hahah to get back out but he blocked the path for our rosecomb to get out and they were both missing overnight. I freaked and got up at the crack of dawn to listen for crows and sure enough I tracked him down.

They are super fast and great at hiding. He may be in a tree somewhere. When the coast is clear, hopefully, he'll come on home:)

Back
Top Bottom