FREE!! Brahma and EE cockrels need a home!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by lauraclaire, Sep 10, 2009.

1. lauraclaire

lauraclaire Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2009
    Bloomfield Hills
    Hi all,
    I am new to chickens and I need some help. Of the first batch of 6 chicks I got (sold to me as pullets), 3 of them are cockrels hatched in May that I need to find new homes for. Two of them are Easter Eggers and one is a light Brahma. One of the EEs has a very small comb, perhaps the beginning of a beard, a short tail, green legs, and a great personality. The other EE might have some leghorn in him. The light brahma is beautiful with great coloring and feathery feet. All three are not showing aggression at all. I would love to find them new homes that do not include a stew pot in the near future. Can anyone help?
    Thank you!
    laura

I am in southeast michigan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. football

football Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2009
    northern colorado
    will you ship the roos? (colorado)

3. lauraclaire

Sep 9, 2009
    Bloomfield Hills
    You know, I never thought about shipping. I am a total newbie to this and I don't know how to ship them or if they would survive. If anyone has info on doing this, I am open to suggestions.

4. lauraclaire

Sep 9, 2009
    Bloomfield Hills
    I just checked the USPS site to see about shipping. It would probably cost about $40 to ship to Colorado. The bird would be free but the new owner would be responsible for shipping costs. I don't think the Postal Service guarantees "live" delivery. They claim the delivery date is next day as long as the bird is shipped early in the week and there are no holidays.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  5. Rachelj07

Rachelj07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2009
    Can I ask why you are needing to find these Chickens new homes?

Thanks
    Rachel

6. lauraclaire

Sep 9, 2009
    Bloomfield Hills
    Unfortunately, I am unable to keep roosters. We don't have any ordinance against owning chickens but I know my neighbors would not be happy if I had one rooster let alone three! Aside for that, I plan on having only 6 hens and that just isn't enough to keep 3 roosters happy. I would rather try to place them in new homes than keep them isolated and unhappy.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  7. lauraclaire

Sep 9, 2009
    Bloomfield Hills
    I have added a new picture of the boys in the original post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by