Free Broody Hen Services

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mpare, Sep 3, 2011.

1. mpare

mpare Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2010
    Dillsburg, PA
    I have a Buff Orpington who LOVES to hatch eggs. Roxanne has successfully raised a batch of chicks with no losses. She is broody right now and would like to be your surrogate chicken mother. She would happily hatch and raise any babies you have. Chickens, ducks, quail... I think she would try to sit on and hatch puppies if she could. Once the babies are hatched they are all yours. She would also enjoy raising them for a few weeks if you would like the chicks to be socialized and taught by a chicken.

We have a very clean and well kept coop. You would be welcome to come and check on the mother and eggs / babies whenever you like. We do not have room for any more chickens so you must take all chicks, pullets and roosters alike, when they are ready.

2. doubleatraining

doubleatraining Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    Great idea! I'm actually looking for a hen that likes to go broody. I hope you find some eggs for Miss Roxanne!

3. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    This is an AWESOME Idea! Wish you lived closer to me cause my broody still has babies and I could use another one. She is also a BO, and is the best mom you ever saw.

4. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Great idea! Wish you were in Montana!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by