Free Brown Leghorn Hen - SoCal/Greater Los Angeles Area

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by ChickensRDinos, Dec 22, 2013.

1. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Free Brown Leghorn hen, aprox 1 year and 8 months ago. I am looking for a new home for her because she is not getting along with my bantam Cochin and the situation has become too violent despite multiple attempts to resolve. I think all involved would be better off if she were to move in with an all large fowl flock.

Looking for a good home for her -- if you are just looking for a fryer bird to butcher I would rather process her myself. She just finished up a pretty big molt and has stopped laying for winter but before she molted she was laying well.

I would like to deliver her to your home so I can see where she is going to live and make sure she is not dinner. I am in central LA but would consider traveling to the greater LA area and potentially Orange County or San Diego if the timing works out. I use DE for mites but have never wormed her. She is originally from Dare to Dream farms. http://www.dare2dreamfarms.com/. Looking to get her to her new home ASAP.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. tomofhb

tomofhb Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2013
    I might be interested. I'm in Orange County and I currently have four hens, I'm looking for two more.

3. She is lovely, if I lived in Southern CA I may take her, but I am on the Central Coast so..

4. sandovaljose214

sandovaljose214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2013
    i want her

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by