Free Buckeye Roos SE Iowa pics

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wren, Sep 8, 2007.

1. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Not for eating. I want to give them a chance before they go to auction. Born June 4th. They are friendly, bold, and brave. They come running to "Chick, chick, chick!" and love melons. They are free range and are accustomed to cats, horses and dogs. They are big, and haven't crowed or tried to breed my hens yet and can't fly worth a darn. Buckeyes are know to be mousers, but I've never seen them eat a mouse although no bugs escape notice. If you want to pay for shipping, handling, and a box I'll Fedex you one. E-mail me and pick out a bird. They came from New Mexico.

Yes, I know this is a long shot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Nice looking birds for sure!

How much does it generally cost to ship adult birds? I wasn't aware you could do that. [​IMG]

edit: my 400th post! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  3. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Man. I got a hit on this post and still nobody wants a roo. Sigh.

As far as your kind question, the price depends on how far, weight, size of box but I'm guessing around $30-$40. Some places do not accept delivery of "Lives". I would be remiss if I didn't post to give my boys a chance. I thought I'd mention shipping although it's highly unlikely that anyone would want to pay anything. Lots of birds are shipped. They are called lives and typically arrive in a day by air.

The USPS has contracted out live shipments of bees and poultry with Fedex. So if you care about your priveledge to ship birds you might be interested in Bird Shippers of America who are trying to preserve our option to ship and Horizon which sells boxes with bio filters that are USPS approved.

Hope this helps. I have a raging headache.

4. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    I really wish I could help you out. [​IMG]

Personally, I'd take one in a minute. Don't think my dear old parents would appreciate that, though.

I hope you can find homes for the pretty fellows!

And I hope your headache gets better.

5. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    I got two pullets from wren and I have to say they were (and still are) very healthy, bug free, well socialized, chickens. I can tell they were very loved!

Anyone looking for a nice roo around here should consider them!

I would take one but I had to agree to a "no roo" policy to get hubby on board to chickens.

6. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    [​IMG] Hey Thanks Laura! Glad to hear that the girls are happy!

7. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    Hi Wren, do you still have these boys? Do you have even one or two pullets you could sell with them? They'd have a great loving home! Thanks, Jenny (WI)

[email protected]

8. wren

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Nope, they are all gone. I saved Roos for myself. I'll have more in the spring, unless you are really serious. If you are serious I know of a breeder I can get in touch with around the end of Nov. The pictures do not do them justice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by