1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free cell phones a civil right????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pdsavage, Aug 4, 2011.

1. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We are going to hell in a hand basket.

3. Medicine Man

Medicine Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Apple Hill
  4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Quote:well thats a relief...

5. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    The real question is what is or isn't a civil right: Telephone, cell phone, computer, Internet access, television, an automobile? Can an informed person survive without some or all of them?

6. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
  7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Yep and someone has greased the bottom and the path is smooth glass......... [​IMG]

8. njduck

njduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    I know in NJ indigents can get basic service dirt cheap, same with elderly on a fixed income. I thought it was a federal program, but may just be state. So that means I pay for my cellphone. Then I pay for cellphone for a person who has 10 kids no job and lives for free of our hard earned tax dollars.

bright idea - stop welfare and medicaid. Increase medicare coverage for the elderly who have worked their whole life to retire. This would balance the budget provide, health coverage for the elderly, and get bums off their couches or they starve to death in the freezeing cold

9. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    This programs also provides phones to women in women's shelters, you know the kind who need to escape beatings? generally speaking you don't keep your old number after these things.

10. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Quote:Yep and someone has greased the bottom and the path is smooth glass......... [​IMG]

yep

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by