Free chick food...oh wait...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sassychiken, Oct 20, 2009.

1. sassychiken

sassychiken Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Coastal Bend
    So I was browsing on Craigslist and saw an offer for 5lb of free chick feed. Woohoo!!! Figured someone had grownup chickens or had hatched/sold some recently. I go to pick it up and in passing the woman said all her chicks had died. Now, there were SEVERAL little kids running around and the place was a tad trashed out sooooooo....do I assume environmental issues killed the chicks or should I toss this food out? [​IMG]

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Five pounds is not worth the health of you chicks. I vote ...toss it! [​IMG]

3. eekgads

eekgads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Central VA
    I think I'd toss it. When in doubt, throw it out!

4. ihvpower

ihvpower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2009
    Uxbridge MA
    I'd throw it out too..especially if it was on Craigslist. I have had "some" good transactions but by far are the lowly scum of the earth, dealing in selling animals that they have no business selling.

5. sassychiken

sassychiken Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Coastal Bend
    I think you guys are right. It didn't look like it was stored particularly well and let's face it, feeding three chicks isn't that expensive, LOL. Thanks for the advice! [​IMG]

6. jackieb

jackieb New Egg

Dec 8, 2008
    You should throw it out it's only worth about $0.36 anyway. I wouldn't take a chance on killing my chicks over that amount.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by