Free chick from Meyers

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Huskeriowa, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Huskeriowa

Huskeriowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Iowa
    My Coop
    Hi. Has anyone received their 'free' chick from Meyers Hatchery? I am just curious if it is a random breed or if it is an additional female from a breed you selected?

2. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    I've ordered easter eggers from them. The extra 2 were 1 pullet and 1 cockerel easter eggers. There's no guarantee what packing peanuts will be... rule of thumb is it will probably be a male.

3. CarrieW

CarrieW Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Durango, CO
    Are you talking about the 'meal maker' chick? I ordered from Meyer this year, and had them include one. Hopefully it will be a pullet since that is what I ordered. I give away lots of eggs, and this will just help me give more away.

4. Huskeriowa

Dec 19, 2010
    Iowa
    My Coop
    Yes I meant the meal maker chick. You could choose male or female. Thanks

5. CarrieW

CarrieW Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Durango, CO
    Mine arn't shipping out till May 23rd, but I will be sure to let you know what I get!

6. Meyer Hatchery

Meyer Hatchery Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Polk, Ohio
    The Meyer Meal Maker is a free female layer (if you ordered layers) or a free broiler (if you ordered broilers). When ordering one with an order of layers, it will be a female, breed is our choice.

We never intentionally include males in orders of only females. When we send extras (besides the Meyer Meal Maker) it will be of the same sex and breed that you ordered. We always try to send up to 4% extra.

7. Huskeriowa

Dec 19, 2010
    Iowa
    My Coop
    Thanks Meyers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by