1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Chick from MM a Pullet? Pics Added!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by foursons13, Jun 30, 2011.

1. foursons13

foursons13 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Alaska
    Anyone had their free exotic chick from McMurray Hatchery be a pullet? They are 8 weeks old are I figure it's a Buff Cochin, it's feather legged and buff! My GLW cockeral and my FBCM cockeral of the same age already have very pink/red and pronounced combs and wattles. This one doesn't. A tiny bit of pink underneath but not in the comb

I ordered the brown egg layers from Murray and a GLW roo, sold off some extras, they gave me two GLW roos. Then bought five straight run Black Copper Marans. Now I am back up to 24 chickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the bumping! I didn't realize that's what I was doing. I was just trying to post 10 time ;(

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. gunnarmcc

gunnarmcc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    SSF, CA
    [​IMG]

make 10 posts then post a pic and we will do our best to help you ID the chick

3. foursons13

Apr 27, 2011
    Alaska
    Ok I think Im up to five!

4. foursons13

Apr 27, 2011
    Alaska
    8. No Bumping or Cross-posting topics. Bumping is posting to move a thread up on the forum list, and cross-posting is posting the same thread in several forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
  5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    That certainly looks like a buff Cochin. Not sure on the gender, could go either way at this point. I hope you have a pullet! Good luck.

6. spunkychickenmomma

spunkychickenmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Morris, OK
    My free chick from MM is a white laced red cornish pullet. [​IMG] It's picture is my avatar.

Yours looks like my buff cochin chicks that I ordered from MM.

7. foursons13

Apr 27, 2011
    Alaska
    Thanks so much!! I mostly just wanted to know if anyone ever got a pullett or if they just send boys to get rid of them. Now I am more excited cause its such a cute chick. I call it Fancy Pants!!

8. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Buff cochin pullet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by