Free Chick Starter-Jefferson County PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by muddler6, Nov 10, 2007.

1. muddler6

muddler6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    Hello,
    I have about a half a bag of Chick starter. I hate to waste it, my younger birds are eating with my older birds. If you are local or are coming through the area and could use it get ahold of me. I don't plan on any chicks for a while and I don't want it to spoil and be wasted. Those of you familiar with Jefferson County, I am in Hazen.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Is it medicated? If it only contains Amprolium, just mix it in with the older birds, extra protein will be good for them.

3. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    It is just a starter mash that I picked up at Agway. The older girls just started laying, so I wasn't sure if it would be O.K. to give them or not since we are eating the eggs. I'll check to see what is in it. Thanks for the info though.

4. silkiechicken

Yeah, there is no withdawl time with that so if it is, just feed it away. Mine like to gobble chick feed... they must know it's more expensive. [​IMG]

5. muddler6

Sep 12, 2007
    Jefferson County, PA
    It is medicated starter, and has Bacitracin Zinc and Amprolim, so I think my offer is still on the table to give this away if someone can use it. And it is a little over half a bag, quite a bit of feed for the little ones.

6. silkiechicken

Ah yes, best find a new owner for the feed. There is no withdrawl time for the bacitracin zinc, but it is not meant for birds past 16 weeks. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by