Free chicken coop plans?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JanaBanana1, Feb 22, 2011.

1. JanaBanana1

JanaBanana1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2011
    Do you know where I might find plans for building a chicken coop? {free}
    thank you [​IMG]

2. wcasey911

wcasey911 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2010
    Do a google search for Purina chicken coop plans. They have a nice 5-6 bird coop plan you can print and build by.

3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Go to your library and get a book on building a shed (like, a backyard storage shed type thing). There are a lot of real good ones with complete plans and materials lists and step-by-step photos and excellent DIY directions. Add more ventilation, a roost and a popdoor, and there ya go.

And it will be better than most "chicken coops" whose plans are sold as such.

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

4. JanaBanana1

Feb 22, 2011
    Thank you [​IMG] I really like the Purina plan. Going to show it to my husband when he gets home.

5. wcasey911

wcasey911 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2010
    Quote:That's the same one I built. Took me the better part of a day to get it put together, but so far it works like a charm and looks good too.

6. cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly Out Of The Brooder

Dec 22, 2010
    Dover, Arkansas
    I used the basics of the Purina Plan also for my daughters chicken coop! [​IMG]

7. JanaBanana1

Feb 22, 2011
    And since I don't have a lot of room, the Purina one would work great!! I will keep ya posted on what we end up building. Thanks again all [​IMG]

8. alana leighton

alana leighton New Egg

Jul 30, 2015
    Free chicken coop plans

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by