Free Chicks - East Tennessee (Pick Up Only)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NellaBean, Sep 27, 2009.

1. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I have a batch of almost 2 week old chicks that I am ready to part with. Originally I was planning on selling these via craigslist, but just don't have the time right now and need to have these gone by next weekend as I am going out of town and my house-sitter is not exactly chick friendly

These chicks are straight run....cross between White Leghorn girls and my black Jersey Giant roo. My leghorns are super layers, every day with no days off, large to xl white eggs. They are also GREAT foragers, suprisingly. For comparison, my jersey giant girl is a great layer, very consistent large brown eggs with some HUGE double yolkers here and there. The rooster is from the same batch as her and he is a good boy, friendly and mellow, tolerates the other boys and takes good care of his girls.

These will all be white with some black speckles. These are still under a heat lamp currently and will need to stay that way for another couple weeks.

Anyone interested? If so, let me know....these will need to be picked up this week in the Lenoir City, Loudon, Sweetwater area, sometime after 5pm.

2. hen-reitta

hen-reitta New Egg

Sep 27, 2009
    Tupelo
    I would love to get them, but you're about 5 hours from me.

3. BoJo

BoJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    Dawsonville, Ga
    You are 3 1/2 hours from me....but My next available time to get them would be Saturday week!
    [​IMG]
    Sorry!

[​IMG]

BoJo

4. NellaBean

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Well I ended up cleaning out my brooder/growout shed to move these chicks into, which will buy me a few weeks time. By then, the roosters should be more obvious and I can probably give away the boys and sell the girls? I really expect these will be some fantastic layers.....if anyone wants any of the kids this week and is nearby, let me know. If not, I guess I will hang onto them a bit and grow them out before getting rid of them?

5. Rodeoclown1189

Rodeoclown1189 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    East TN
    are you close to the greenevile, jonesborough, or johnson city area in tn?

6. NellaBean

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    No, I am no the opposite side of Knoxville.....about 2+ hours away? Something like that.

7. lykinsangel

lykinsangel Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2009
    South Central TN
    hi i am near Murfreesboro how close are we together i would love to get the chicks [​IMG]

8. badbaty

badbaty Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    are you still giving them away if so i am in knoxville and very willing to give them a good home

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by