1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free chicks in mid-east Texas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by robinaggie, Jun 24, 2008.

1. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    OK, I lost my mind. I'm hatching all kinds of eggs I bought on ebay. If they really hatch I have a problem, because I can't keep them. Does anyone near Bryan/College Station want Giant Blue Cochins, German Spitzhauben, or Khaki Campbell Ducks? I know I'm counting my chicks before they hatch, but I want them to go to good homes. Our local egg farmer said he will take them, but I was hoping that someone who is interested in the breeds would take them.

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    I go to college station quite a bit and I might be interested in the Blue cochins. What do the German Spitzhauben look like?

3. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    The German Spitzhauben are really pretty black and white, slender birds with head tufts. I tried to send you a picture, but I can't do anything right! Try to Google some and see what you get. I got the eggs today, and A&M is setting them for me tomorrow.

4. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    robin don't forget me DH said I can have 2 of each if that is ok with you. Am working this weekend on the aTm glass will post pic next week if I get it finished. This getting up at 4:30 is getting old and it is only the second day
    Theresa

5. KLH2010

KLH2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    I would be interested in a couple of the khaki campbells and cochins. I am located in College Station so that would be great. When are you expecting them to hatch? I will be out of town until around July 12.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  6. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Is that a common service that A&M provides ? They will incubate and hatch eggs for you ? That is great.

My avatar is an Appenzeller Spitzhauben. Their origin is actually Switzerland, not Germany, but they are sometimes advertised as German Spitzhauben by the hatcheries.

7. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    And you're using the proper name (I'm too lazy to spell it).

The Poultry Science Club sponsor said he would incubate these for me because I was panicked, I didn't have an incubator, and the students are gone for the summer, so the incubators aren't being used. I think he's sorry he agreed to this, but I JUST PICKED UP MY FIRST CHICK!!! It's a Golden-laced Wyandotte.

How many Spitzhauben chicks do you want? They got set this morning.[​IMG]

8. funkychicken

funkychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    East Texas
    Robin...can you ship...not far...I'm in texas and ive been looking for wyandottes...I am about 4 hrs away any cant make the drive...I will pay to ship

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  9. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    Where are you? I'm hesitant to ship, but if you're someplace fun, I just might drive them to you.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by