Free chicks in Northern Calif -- CHICKS are GONE Thanks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Royal Oaks Ranch, May 29, 2007.

1. Royal Oaks Ranch

Royal Oaks Ranch Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    Northern Calif
    My hens have been free ranging.. And I have been breaking up nests when I find them.. Obviously I missed a few...
    I heard cheeping and sure enough found a hen hatching out eggs..
    Ill know tomorrow more of what is under her.. However since these are free ranged, the parentage could be any mix of the listed breeds...

Sumatra, yokohama, silver or golden phoenix, golden campine, red jungle, penedesenca, and probably something IM forgetting.
    Most likely youll get longtails.. AS that is the majority of whats out there..
    No guarantees on any particular breed... So assume them to be mutts.. Pretty mutts but mutts all the same.
    One chick I saw was jet black. I have no clue how many are there yet.
    Also noticed 3 guine keets.. 2 are standard pearl, 3rd is looking like a royal purple though I dont have any.. So probably a pied..(which I do have)

ALL are free!!!

Must pick up in Linden. If you want them let me know Ill gather them up and let you know how many there are...

I MUST get my birds seperated LOL...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

hahaha..

Rae, we just got back from a super fun visit to Chel's house. During our conversation we talked about getting some new chickens / ducks. She said we should contact you... well I get home and see this post... it must be a sign!

We'd love to come pick up a chick or two and also maybe check out what else you have available. Chel mentioned you may have some young muscovies from her flock we could buy?

3. Royal Oaks Ranch

Jan 22, 2007
    Northern Calif
    Oh now its not quite HIP deep.... Shesshh..maybe knee deep....LOL
    Anyhow I do have some pre adults (almost ready to fly) and some juvies, and some that hatched not to long ago..
    The preadults you can se what color they are, the rest are basically a choice of black and yellow, or brown and yellow.. until they get older you cant see who is going to be what...

BUT I dont allow visitors... Bio Security and all that.
    You tell me what youd like, I bring it to Linden [​IMG]
    Ill find out what colors of chicks there are later today....

4. chknman79

chknman79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Crossville,TN
    Man I wish I was closer and I would come and take soem of them off your hands. Oh well, did you find any takers? Hope they got to go to some good homes!

5. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Aww, I would take them if I were closer so you couldn't ship or anything I would take some guineas they can have some silkie brothers and sisters that are hatching in a couple days. It would be so great! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Royal Oaks Ranch

Jan 22, 2007
    Northern Calif
    OKay we appear to have 13 chicks in one batch with 2 mamas and another few in another batch.. Ya I found more hens hatching.. I must have had a brain fart or something cuz now I really went to hunting and found 2 more hens on nests, one with chicks peeping.. Lovely..
    Anyhow, chicks are coming out white, grey, black, some dark with reddish coloring, and I think I saw a darker reddish stripey one in with the 3rd hen...
    Looks like I got me some real good broody hens LOL.. Now if I can just keep finding the nests before they hatch out anymore [​IMG] So I can get these hens into coops LOL..
    Its My own fault.. been so busy I didnt catch everyone up early spring like normal... Hens obviously took advanatge of the fact.. and wow did they ever go to laying and setting.
    Anyhow.. Let me know if you want them I have another lady in Stockton that will take them if you dont want them... I told her since you asked first that it was only fair to let you have first chance..

Thanks [​IMG]

Oh and here are some pics of birds that are avail for sale and some of the free chicklets

[​IMG]
    You cant see them but there are a mess of dark chicks in the grass LOL.. The white hen and the blue splash are the mamas, they shared a nest and seem quite happy sharing the chicks... They are all in a kennel now so nothing will eat them...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres some juvie ducklings- 15.00 each
    [​IMG]
    And here is the youngest batchof ducklings -- 7.00 each
    And I should have another batch or two hatching soon, they will be 5.50 each

7. Royal Oaks Ranch

Jan 22, 2007
    Northern Calif
    All the chicks are gone THANKS [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by