FREE chicks! Need new home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by gaeamama, Jun 17, 2007.

1. gaeamama

gaeamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2007
    WMass.
    I have 8 white chicks that need a permanent home. I took them from a friend who couldn't keep them, but once I got them home I realized I don't have room for 8 more chickens. Pictures are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157600375136304/

They
    are approx 2 weeks old. I don't know the breed, they came with a batch of meat birds, but they obviously are not like the other 100+ meat birds. These are small, slim bodied, perky birds, very cute. I'm guessing maybe Leghorns or Plymouth Rocks?

We are in Springfield, MA. I can only travel about 45 minutes, as I will have my 3 children with me too.

Thanks!
    Robin

2. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Very cute! You are several states away from me-so I can't rehome them. Hopefully someone will be along soon-they are nice looking birds [​IMG]

3. gaeamama

Jun 17, 2007
    WMass.
    Thanks, we're enjoying giving them a foster home.

Does anyone have any ideas what breed they might be?

~Robin

4. hisbride

hisbride Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    GA
    I don't know what these are but I just wanted to say that I thought it was pretty cool how you used the pack-n-play to keep the chicks in. They look pretty content.

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Look like Leghorn or California White cockerals.

6. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    would take all if you could ship them to me in tennessee.

7. gaeamama

Jun 17, 2007
    WMass.
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think they have a home now. I'm taking some to a friend in Westfield, so I should be all set now.

This is the second time I've used a pack 'n play for raising chicks. Both times, the pack 'n play was very well used, and on its way out anyway, so it made a great place for the baby chicks. It's a bit messy though, as the dust comes out the screens. I like using it... spacious, sturdy, and easy to take down.

I'm keeping one of the chicks.. my kids (and me) are getting attached to these cuties. I'm hoping we pick a girl and not a roo. Can't wait to see what these develop into.

Thanks!
    Robin

8. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Hi Robin, You may want to keep more than one. Chickens are "flock" creatures and like buddies. Just a thought before you adopt them all out.
    [​IMG]

9. gaeamama

Jun 17, 2007
    WMass.
    Whisperer,

Thanks, I actually kept two. But we already have ten chicks, 4 wks old. We just didn't have room for another nine chickens. I brought the others to their new home today, so I'm now down to my flock of 12.

thanks,
    Robin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by