FREE chicks - NW Georgia!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Yard full o' rocks, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Thanks to several of my local BYC friends, I have a new cabinet 'bator with 90ish misc. eggs. These are due to hatch OCT 3 (gives you plenty of time to clean/build your brooder). These beauties will be laying for you by Springtime....

Since my BYC friends gave me eggs to hatch (and test my new 'bator), I'd like to return the favor and and offer these chicks to anyone (pickup only please) for FREE.

Should have a good number of the following:

Barred Rocks (about 1 1/2 - 2 dozen)
    Buff Orps (hopefully a dozen)
    Mixed (Delaware roo over blue/black rock, buff orp hens..aprox 1 1/2 dozen)

I have a few other onesy, twosies....but don't want to offer them until they hatch

The 'bator seems to be settled in and holding a constant 99.8F. Barring any catastrophe...should be over-run with chicks in 2 1/2 weeks

Please let me know if you're interested.

2. mylittlezoo

mylittlezoo Poppy Creek Farm

Mar 16, 2009
    GA
    OOhh, oohhh me, me!! I would be interested in some of the BOs, I've wanted some for ages and I have two lonely pullets right now... and maybe a few of the Delaware mixes, too? Would that be OK?

If you're still interested in coming in on the Light Sussex stuff, do let me know. I'm having to stall it a little, due to a couple of personal expenses, but I am going to go for it for sure, probably early next year.

3. Yard full o' rocks

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:Mylittlezoo...they are yours!! Tell me how many of each you might like so I can keep a relatively decent record of who wants what....thanks!!

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I don't need any chicks- but keep me on the list for columbian rocks if/when you decide to do them. [​IMG]

Happy Hatching!

5. Yard full o' rocks

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:HappyMtn....my Columbian Rocks are now 12 weeks old. Should be laying around Nov 14. Looks like I will have 7 hens and 2 roos. Will be sure to keep you on the list once they start

Scott

6. astatula

astatula Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Astatula
    NW Georgia is a bit of a distance for me to drive, 7+ hours. If you will ship to Florida, I will take some Barred Rocks. I can handle 5 if that's not asking too much. Ofcourse I will pay shipping and box costs, if you decide you will ship.

7. vyshtia

vyshtia Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Norco, CA
    [​IMG]

I wish someone near me was offering great lil chicks for free!!

8. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    Me too...me too! [​IMG]
    Mylilzoo and I can arrange to come up together (I spoke to her) I would like a trio of Orps and a trio of BR...please!

9. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    I would like some Barred Rocks

10. Yard full o' rocks

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:how many you want? there are some ladies coming down from Jasper (flights of fancy and mylittlezoo) to get some. Perhaps you can work something out with them....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by