FREE Cochin Georgetown, OH Needs nome ASAP!!!!!!!!! -Gone

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by thecochincoop, Nov 18, 2008.

1. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a 5 month old bantam cochin that needs a new home asap. She was born with deformities and I was able to nurse her back to health. She came from a buff chicken that I bought that had problems. This was the only deformity that I have had and I feel sorry for her. She has been doing fine with the other chickens untill we had our first snow and temperatures in the 20's. Today her feet are red and sore from the snow. My coop is not big enough to keep her in it all the time and I am afraid she will not make it in this bad weather. If there is anyone that can give her a home where whe will be out of the weather please contact me. I want her to have a good home as she is one of my favorite pets even though she is funny looking.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. blazinchicken

blazinchicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    South East, Tennessee
    where is Georgetown?

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    she is really pretty! What color is that? or what mix?

4. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Sure wish you were closer, unfortunately my car is out of commission or I would drive up and pick her up and foster her for you.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Whats her deformity!?? She looks good to me!

6. blazinchicken

blazinchicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    South East, Tennessee
    I was trying to figure out her deformity myself.... [​IMG]

7. thecochincoop

I found her a home [​IMG] Someone that is close by is going to get her and keep her with some chicks under a light. She only has one eye and her feet are deformed. When she was in the snow today they turned red and they were hurting. I guess they are very sensitive too. Thanks for your concern. I just wanted her to be warm. Even though she was one of my favorites I don't have the facilities to keep her here. I hope she does well.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  8. thecochincoop

Quote:I have no idea what color that is. Blue roo and buff hen bantam cochins.

9. wateboe

wateboe Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Yeah! Glad you found a home for her. (I'm the Amy that responded to your Craigslist ad yesterday... thought you might have already posted here!)

10. thecochincoop

Thanks. I'm glad she didn't have to stay out last night in the teens. That was too cold. I hated to send her away, but I know she wouldn't have made it through the winter. My coops aren't heated or big enought for her to stay in all the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by