1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FREE cockerels / 3 Easter Eggers / GA (Marietta) (updated)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Felicitas, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Update: the two in back are spoken for; Big Red is still available.

The guy in front, we call "Big Red" (original, huh?). He's very friendly, despite being the alpha chicken of the entire flock. He's never made an aggressive move towards any human and he likes to hang out near us when we're outside. He's easily picked up and handled. He's got a fog-horn of a crow. He'd be a great pet rooster and I hate to see him wind up on someone's dinner table, so if you're not interested, spread the word.

As for the other two:
    The one in the middle, just behind Big Red, is the prettiest of the three. No photo can do him justice; his colors are just beautiful. He also hatched from a very pretty blue-green egg, so he probably carries that gene. He's crowing. He is a little skittish but has never shown any aggressive signs.

The one farthest back is the lowest bird on the pecking order in the entire flock, and he's a little shy and I couldn't get a better photo of him. He was later to develop than the other two boys.

ETA: these boys were hatched right around December 31st-Jan 1st.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by