Free Coronation Sussex? cockerel in Triad, NC area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mama24, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    This little guy hatched from some "rare" eggs from My Pet Chicken. I got 2 eggs that were labeled "Light Sussex" and only 1 hatched and I got this little guy. He's gorgeous, but I try to avoid white birds in my flock due to free-ranging and a lot of hawks in the area. I hate to eat the little guy, but that will be his fate if no one takes him home, as he is not a breed I'm interested in right now. Though he's so beautiful I may change my mind! Free to a good home!

He does have some light feathering on his legs, which I have read is a problem for some breeders, not for others. It's very light, like the black feathers on my Marans' legs. Very pretty, imo.

Sorry I don't have a better pic. I have 30 chicks right now and they're not tame at all!
    [​IMG]

2. jason180sx

jason180sx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    ireland
    i would love to take him but i am in ireland
    good luck with your sale

3. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

If you will be at Winston-Salem this weekend, I will take him.

4. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I'm sorry, I decided to hang on to this little guy for a little longer until I am absolutely sure of the sex. I was sure it was a boy until some people in the breed/gender forum pointed out that its comb is not very red for a Sussex cockerel at its age. So I will relist if I find that it is indeed a boy. But if it's a girl, I'm keeping her! I LOVE the colors!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by