Free Coronation Sussex Rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Urbanfarmerkc, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urbanfarmerkc

Urbanfarmerkc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    I have a 6 to 8 month old Coronation Sussex who is having a lot of difficulty with the cold. I found him half dead a few days ago when our temps dropped below 20 degrees. I brought him in and he has stayed in a box. Both of his feet are swollen and he looks pretty ruffled.

He still eats and drinks and poops A LOT. I don't really have a barn or place to keep him for the winter as it hasn't even gotten as cold as it will so if you live in the Kansas City area, I'd be happy to give him to you if you want to bring him back up to health.

He is a sweet boy and will make a beautiful (rare) pet.

Dave

2. misschickenlittle

misschickenlittle REALLY wants a new title

Oct 30, 2010
    Missouri
    Do you have a picture of him? Not necessarily a current one but what he looks like healthy even would be fine.

3. Urbanfarmerkc

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    I am not good with uploading. I did succeed once on here but more work than I want to deal with. I will text or e-mail a pic if interested in sending those to me.

Dave

4. misschickenlittle

Oct 30, 2010
    Missouri
    I'll send you my cell... I'd like to see his pic so i can discuss with the DH...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  5. Urbanfarmerkc

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    Ok, well, my kids put him back out for a run around yesterday and when they brought him back in he passed away. He just couldn't handle the cold. Poor guy.

Thanks for your interest though.

Dave

6. misschickenlittle

Oct 30, 2010
    Missouri
    Oh, the poor little guy! Oh, well. [​IMG]

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    This is such a sad post on so many counts. Could the author of this post please close this post. Poor little Rooster. I have coronation sussex and it's sad that such a beautiful bird has died. I hope he did not suffer. God bless him.

8. ntiveheart

ntiveheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:i guess he was just another chicken, right? a dime a dozen and easily replaced *smh* this makes me sad on so many different levels

9. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:i guess he was just another chicken, right? a dime a dozen and easily replaced *smh* this makes me sad on so many different levels

x2 [​IMG]

10. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    If the original poster has any remaining poultry, please build a coop or protected area for them. Animals need protection in the winter. It is the kind and humane thing to do for them. If this post was a joke, please know it's disturbed me and others......BYC is a community that loves and respects poultry.

If you continue to have any health problems with any remaining poultry please do call your states agricultural department for help.

Respectfully, Nancy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by