Free Crevecoeur Cockerel in CA *Silkie too*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SloCrevs, Dec 11, 2007.

1. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    I have one free Crevecoeur Cockerel on the Central Coast of California. I sold him as a her, and the owner can't find a home for him, so he's free for whoever wants him. I can ship for a flat rate of $50. He's about 6 months old. Gorgeous boy, with full crest, muffs, and beard. Awesome addition to any flock. Email me, pm me, post, whatever. He's got to go soon!

-Sarah

Edited to add: Apperantly I have a friend who has a splash silkie cockerel as well. She is located in Goleta. He is free as well. If you are interested, please contact me for her #. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

DO you happen to have pictures? or a link......I have never heard of that breed? Thanks,and good luck finding him a home [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  3. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
  4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

OH my,thanks,that is one perty bird....you shouldn't have trouble finding him a home [​IMG]

5. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    It's a little difficult in this area. I had no problems getting rid of "her", but I'm worried about "him". I can't keep him for very long because I live in the city and do not have my roo coops set up yet, but I'm posting locally as well. Thanks okie. I am planning on breeding them. I have one hen that won Best of Show a while back. That was awesome. I'm ordering 2 dozen eggs in about a month as well. By then we'll have "roo proofed" our coops.

-Sarah

6. Bubba

Bubba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    If you want to keep him you can always bring him in at night. I bring my EE Roo in every night and stick him in a 44 gallon trashcan. I have about a foot of hay in the bottom, just put a fresh hay layer on every other night or so and dump it once a week or whatever you like. Just make sure to put some holes in the barrel not just the lid. I use the lid upside down. Having it upside down makes air flow alot easier and keeps him from jumping.

Bubba

7. SloCrevs

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    But the thing is, I don't want to keep him. I breed crevecoeurs, and he is not show quality, he has WAY too much white in his wings. He is an absolute sweetheart though for those who are interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by