Free Cuckoo Marans Rooster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpiceGirls

Crowing
13 Years
Oct 6, 2010
Bay Area, CA
It's with a very heavy heart that I write this. I've finally accepted that my 14 week old Cuckoo Marans chick is a roo. And roos are not allowed in my city. So I'm looking for a home for him. He's beautiful. I've raised him from just a few days old. He's vaccinated for Mareks. He's quite docile and let's the girls eat first before he steps in. He will readily eat out of my hands. But he's not crazy about being picked up and held.

I'd love to find him a home where he can live out his life watching over a harem of pullets. If you are interested or know of anyone who might be, please reach out to me.

If I can't find him a home, then I understand that his fate may be with the soup pot. And I can respect that. But I simply can not handle any details and only want to know that he will be loved to the end.

69266_dsc_2335.jpg

69266_dsc_2368.jpg

69266_dsc_2256.jpg

I'm in the Bay Area in California. Please email me if interested.

Are you positive it's a roo? How old ? Comb and wattles don't look big enough and i really don't see saddle feathers. Hens can crow too if their isn't a roo around. Anyway good luck

Quote:
I'll take some newer photos this weekend to post. These are a few weeks old and I'm seeing saddle feathers sprout. He's HUGE compared to the hens. And I was looking at photos online of Cuckoo Marans hens vs. roosters and mine is already much bigger than the hens and his feet are HUGE.

He hasn't crowed yet. But I can't have a rooster where I live and I'm afraid to wait until he does start to crow. Then I'd have to really scramble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom