Free Delivery Conformation!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by brooster, Jan 10, 2009.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    I downloaded this nw shipping assistant, and it is really cool. You can print shipping labels, then just take them to the PO and pay for it. You need a scale to weigh packages, you can use you own, you dont need a PO one, as long as its correct. By usign this feature you get Delivery Conformation added for free.
    http://www.usps.com/shippingassistant/welcome.htm

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Click n ship is not new. You can weigh your packages and pay for them online and have your mailman come pick the packages up from your house. You don't have to go to the PO.

3. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    This is simmilar to click and ship, but a little different. You dont have to pay for postage until you go to the PO, i dont have an account i could do that. YOu can make labels, save them, print them later, and it keeps track of all your shipments witht the tracking codes.

4. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Yes, it is the alternative for those without a creditcard set up for payment.

5. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    It's good to know all the alternatives.

FYI ~~ If you pay for your postage online, you'll get a discount on the shipping cost, as well, through USPS clicknship.

It's not difficult to setup an account and use can use a credit or debit card.

6. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    I've been using this since it's inception and it is awesome to never leave home and stand in our long PO lines. I hand packages right to my mailman or schedule large pick-ups at my own convenience.
    it really is pricelss! No gas....no lines....costs less! Free priority boxes, tape and labels delivered right to my front door make for even better savings. [​IMG]

7. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    How do you get the free tape? I get the boxes and stickers. but where do you get the tape?

8. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Priority mail tape. [​IMG]

Shhhh. Don't abuse the power or they might pull it.

9. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    well where do you get it

10. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    They don't offer it online but your PO might give you a roll if you are shipping priority alot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by