Free disabled male quail UK

Nov 5, 2018
Birmingham UK
I have an 8 week old male coturnix quail who was hatched with some severe skeletal deformities and unfortunately his problems are getting worse. I had intended to keep him as long as he was able to get around to eat etc but I don't see much hope for him long term, although he is still active and mobile.

I realise there is not much demand for a disabled male quail so I don't mind if someone takes him to butcher him. It's not something I can face doing so I am hoping to find someone willing to take him to either slaughter humanely or care for.

I'm based in Birmingham England and he would need to be collected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200130-161011.png
    Screenshot_20200130-161011.png
    905.1 KB · Views: 23
I'm not sure how much anyone could help him to be honest. Ive had a few cases of curled toes or bent legs before and was able to straighten them out mostly, but this poor guy has so many problems. His right foot is turned over at the ankle so that he is walking on the side of his ankle 'knuckle' which is causing sores, but actually that is the least of it. His left hip is deformed, his spine is crooked and his breast bone hangs down so low it almost touches the ground so I'm worried about future injury there. He can't reach his preen gland to maintain his feathers properly. He chases the female quails all day but can't actually mount them. He wasn't so bad when he was a chick but it got worse and worse as he grew up.

Unfortunately I live too far, I’m in the UK but I can’t get to Birmingham. If I could, I’d have took him and give my best shot at ‘fixing’ him up. Of course if that wasn’t to work he would be put down humanely so that he’d not suffer.

I know someone that had a quail break it’s leg completely in two but he managed to fix it with toothpicks and it lived a normal long life. With a little bit of a hobble. I know this quails a bit different though.

Back
Top Bottom