Free Duck to good home- So Cal

absn2010

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 25, 2014
I have a free female Peking/Swedish cross (best guess) available to a good home. She is a very nice duck, will nibble and lick your fingers if you let her, has never bitten. She had been handled by adults and kids.

We introduced our 4 ducks to our chickens (per "the plan") and she became a chicken bully. My husband loves the chickens and tolerates the ducks so she needs to be re-homed. She will lay in the summer or sooner if you have lights out (I don't). She does have a slight case of angel wing (she came to us that way) but it's only 2 or so feathers.

sadly, i'm nowhere near there...have you tried posting an ad on your local craigslist? I've had pretty good luck selling animals there...free ones usually go even faster

oh, by the way, on her being a chicken bully, if she is not actually injuring the chickens, she may be protecting the other ducks...when i have ducks with chickens, i alway's have one duck that assumes the role of protecting the others. Take her away and the other ducks might start getting bullied by the chickens, which can cause a lot more harm than a duck bullying the chickens...chickens beak can do some serious damage. just a bit of info
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom