FREE DVDs (100) to hang to deter flying pests - pay postage or pickup

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arlee453, Jun 12, 2008.

1. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    All,

I have 100 DVDs that were sent to me to give out to my childbirth students. They are totally inane and full of commercials and I am not going to give them out. Soooo....anyone want up to 100 DVDs to hang to deter predators around your chicken pen or fruit trees, etc?

The DVDs are free, you just pay for actual postage.

You can have as many as you want up to 100. I'll take them out of the cases to save weight so you'll just get the dvds. Anyone?? If there aren't any takers I'm just going to trash them...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. thechickman04

thechickman04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Cumming, Georgia
    i would use these on the whatchagot trade forum...maybe someone will want them

3. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

How much would shipping be to 44654? I have been wanting some!!!!

PM'd you!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  4. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Hey harley - let me finish taking them out of their cardboard holders - you definately don't want to pay postage on those heavy things...

I'll PM you back when I get it figured out. That'll give my kids something to do tomorrow (taking them out of the packages) when they say 'Mom, I'm BORRREEEEDDDD' for the 10th time.

5. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL What a great idea!! I bet after the 5th one they suddenly wouldn't be bored. LOL [​IMG]

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    childbirth students??? [​IMG]

7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:I wondering the same thing

8. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Sounds like a prepared childbirth class...I can imagine all the advertising that's on those DVDs! Diapers, wipes, formula, infant vitamins, diaper disposal genies, Gerber life insurance...[​IMG]

9. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    [​IMG] Just pray lightning don't strike them, you might here the babies cry [​IMG]

10. arlee453

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    One of my jobs (and one of the two I actually get paid for) is an independent Bradley Method childbirth educator. It's nice to do something that you love to do, and strongly believe in and actually get paid a little money for it! I teach one night a week and about 4 series a year (our classes are 12 weeks long - the BEST prep class for those really wanting to avoid routine interventions and have a natural birth IMO, bar none) I'm very proud of the fact that with an epidural/IV med rate of over 95% at all the hospitals around here, my students average around 80% UNMEDICATED births. Induction rates are around 50%. My students, around 15%. C-section rates are somewhere around 33%, my students 20%... Our approach really works! If you are interested, for more info you can go to www.bradleybirth.com

Ok, commercial over...

I'm on a bunch of lists for free stuff for new parents that I pass out to my classes. Some are better than others though. I teach between 25-35 couples PER YEAR, but the minimum the sent with these DVDs was 100.

Then when I got them and previewed, they had all these ads that you can't skip pushing everything from formula to cord blood banking. Too 'in your face' for me, and not as natural approach as I like...

So, I've packaged them up, marked them media mail and they are going out to harley today!

I think they will be more useful as predator deterrents...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by