1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Easter Egger cockeral -- Chicago or northwest IN area

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LindaN, Nov 7, 2008.

1. LindaN

LindaN Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    Chicago
    Well, BOTH of the Easter Eggers I got from Meyer Hatchery in July have turned out to be cockerals. They are both very pretty boys, but I can't keep 2 roosters in my Chicago backyard with only 5 hens.

So, I am offering one of these 18-week old cockerals free to anyone who wants it BUT NOT TO EAT!

I will either take him to a friend's place in northern Indiana this Sunday to turn him into dinner, or give him away to someone who wants him as a pet, breeder, or just ornamental purposes. If you're looking for something for the table, please be honest. I'd rather get the meat myself or give it to my friends in exchange for butchering him. I'm simply offering him to provide another chance for him.

He is very beautiful, but does crow quite loudly throughout the day and even late at night. He lets me handle him and is very healthy.

If you want a rooster for your flock and live in northwest Indiana or the Chicago area, please PM me. I can drop him off on Sunday on my way to Indiana.

[​IMG]

I will keep the other Easter Egger cockeral for now as he is not crowing quite so much, and hope he works out OK.

2. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Cute bird, wish I could take him but I already have two roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by