Free eggs from NYC. 5/15 UPDATE a New Winner #3 chickypoo!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by magsrags, May 2, 2009.

1. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    My third winner is Chickypoo!

I've decided on another winner today rather than Sunday....because I have the eggs ready to go tomorrow!

I am absolutely LOVING all these wonderful & generous threads. I would like to follow suit.... and participate because I feel very fortunate. :<)) You might better understand if you watch this documentary just placed on You Tube about my back yard flock. I am one lucky lady and know it. And am grateful for my family to now be intact.

Anyways........I am offering 6-7 free...including postage in the lower 48 states only.......eggs to a worthy person. I will do this for 4 consecutive weeks beginning this coming Monday May 4th. Every Monday during the month of April... 5/4......5/11.....5/18.....5/25.
    (unless the girls go on strike....please don't hold it against me)

My eggs are now proven to be fertile: 1 pure, rumpless araucana rooster named Jackson over my 5 silkie hens. 1 black....2 white.....1 blue.....1/red....AND last but NOT least a Polish hen who keeps running AWAY from him so I do not know if they actually get down to "business' or not.LOLOL
    Here is an example of my pure silkie/Araucana mix just hatched and at about 6 weeks before she/he went to live out in L.I. with a friend of mine.
    Mothers/adopts everthing under the sun although it is likely turning out to be a roo. Amazing......and simply beautiful combination.
    Black skin, 5 toes, black EVERYTHING. Beginning of a crest but hard feathered. Even seems to be rumpless. Sweetie pie for sure.
    Meet "Jet". My buddy Michael is raising her up now.
    [​IMG]

My brother hatched another one out just yesterday and she is just as ebony black and beautiful!

So....tell me why you want my eggs and every Sunday evening I will announce a winner by 9PM EST (NYC) for shipment of fresh eggs to be next day...the following Monday..
    All the best,
    Maggie

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    Oh my goodness, I'd love to have some of your eggs. Not sure I'm "worthy", but I will have room in my bator, since I'm hatching today. [​IMG] I'm a foster parent/ plus have adopted three children, so with a houseful of children you can imagine the excitement of the hatchings. For a little while... the foster children forget about their own problems and focus on baby chicks [​IMG] It's therapy.

I also have lots of hungry little mouths to feed... so would love it if you'd consider me for some eggs. We building our flocks... two coops up and more coming.

3. tholt03

tholt03 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2009
    N. Texas
    Wow that is a good story glad to hear your son made it back. I would love to incubate some of your eggs. I really think fuzzy butts are elegant looking birds. I am a college kid that just bought an incubator but have no eggs to incubate and would truely be glad to hatch out some beauties like yours. Even if i am not lucky enough to be your pick i think this is a great thing you are doing.

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] I can't wait until I have fertile eggs so that I can follow suit and share with somebody here....

I would like to have a few of your eggs so that I can show DH what a TRUE Araucana looks like. I love my EE's, and we love their blue-green eggs, but he's convinced that our EE's are Araucanas and I'm having a tough time teaching him the difference.

Plus it would be another way to get one more separate run built. *hehe shhhhh*

5. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Well, I don't know what constitutes worthy either. I haven't had any major chicken catastrophies lately. I am a 40 year old mother of 3, going to college for the first time. After school I work at our local boys and girls club. I have 3 children. My oldest son is in the Army. Last year my younger sons girlfriend came to live with us. She simply could not get along with her step-dad. She also happens to be deaf. They are having a baby in Oct. My daughter is 15 and I have homeschooled her since 6th grade. In what little time I have left, I take care of my chickens.
    Becky

6. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] I'm not worthy.
    [​IMG] im not worthy

lol. I think your bird is beautiful and id love to have some eggs from you but i think there are more worthy people on here. I can only say i am generous from around here..

this last year at Christmas time i read a post in a different area that a woman needed a tree for her daughter.. she didn't care what it was as long as she had a tree cuz she wanted to take what little cash she had to go for presents, so i took her my old tree(only a year or two old) and i bought some decorations and made up a stocking and filled it with the same kinds of things id give my children. they were estatic.

i had also posted a dress for x-mas. and someone responded and in another email i found out that the mother to the child who this dress would fit had been really sick and they'd never be able to afford some presents for the kids. so i rounded up a bunch of children's toys that were gently used (from my house alone) and also made a couple stockings, bought some clothes for both children. and also a couple new toys for each child and took them all down to their house it was the same day as taking the tree down. So that day i was santa to three little children that may not have had much for Christmas but at least they had something:)

I try to always do the caring tree(which is a tree with children's names who are needy and their wants and wishes listed) and i buy them the things they need and then also the things they want. one year my hubby and i both picked out someone and filled a big box each with what they needed and the one i had.. only asked for a blanket. i felt just sad that's all they needed. so.. i also bought some outfits, and some tub toys and Lord only remembers what else lol.

So, i just wanted to say.. that with all the threads going on for free eggs.. maybe i can sneak a request in lol;) My kids love watching me hatch and love to help out in the yard. The last silkies i tried to hatch didn't make it.. sad. [​IMG] I know im not worthy as some but i try:)

Sue

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Wow! How does it feel to have your story on Youtube?

You have some beautiful chickens. The person who recieves the eggs should be in for a treat!

8. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Quote:Really.....really weird. I was contacted & at first thought it was a prank. when they actually set a date & the film crew came here it took over 4 hours to make that video.

I was thrilled to have the ioppurtunity to get raising chickens out there..... in this area especially....and show folks the beauty of raising a backyard flock. [​IMG]

9. proud granny

proud granny Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Moro, AR 72368
    I have recently become disabled and my 7 yr old grandson, Jacob and I are now looking for eggs to hatch. We have several incubators and not nearly enough eggs. Jacob's dad, home schools him and we feel this would be a great learning experience and a family project for us to do all together. We live in Arkansas..Thanks for considering us and God bless.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    maggie!! Natalie here...hey there! glad to see you on the "pass it on train!" I'm sending my eggs to a little 5 yr old girl Emmy! Seeing your eggs go for free makes me have those greedy little feelings though [​IMG] hahaha-the You-tube video was awesome just watched it again! You must be on clound nine? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by