Free Feed!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickenshagg, Dec 3, 2011.

1. chickenshagg

chickenshagg THE ALPHA ROO

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Charles, MO
    A neighbor friend just gave me 3 bags @25KG each of chicken feed. Something called Novus, Next Enhance 500. The feed is in big paper bags with no other info on it.

Has anyone heard of this feed?

2. dirtsaver

dirtsaver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Kentucky
    Shaggy that's a new one on me,and I was in the farm supply/feed business for several years. I did a google search and found www.novusint.com that gives some info on Next Enhance but nothing on "500". It seems from their site that what you have may be just additives/supplements for feed as that looks like their major product. Is there a tag that shows this to be an actual complete feed? You have me curious now!

3. Hens & Hounds

Hens & Hounds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    NJ
    I found this>>> ( it is an additive/supplement & NOT a complete feed)

NEXT Enhance [​IMG] 500

Scientifically proven to support your poultry production
    Getting a healthy balance of microflora naturally.

For over 20 years, Novus has provided nutrition solutions always on
    a scientific basis to assist in the development of the poultry industry worldwide.
    The latest addition to the portfolio of products in Europe and the Middle East has been NEXT
    ENHANCE [​IMG] 500, recently introduced in the market.
    NEXT Enhance [​IMG] 500 is a standard pellet premix of aromatic compounds
    including benzoic acid, which is designed specifically to enhance the process
    tract of birds through a change in intestinal microflora towards a balance
    healthy. Technology developed by Novus Premium Blend, the active
    are fully protected allowing its release throughout the intestinal tract
    of birds
    . So NEXT Enhance [​IMG] 500 has a mechanism of action is optimal as
    been found by improving the balance of intestinal flora and therefore
    improve feed utilization. Several tests have been performed in - vivo, developed
    According to the guidelines of the EFSA2, which have shown beneficial results in the development
    of birds: improving 115g live weight at 42 days, including a reduction in the rate
    conversion of more than 6 points
    To improve handling, NEXT Enhance [​IMG] 500 has a fluidity that promotes optimal
    homogeneous mixture in the feed and ensures correct intake by birds. The free formulation
    ensures dust safety product handling and minimizes factory
    pollution in the surroundings of work.
    The addition of NEXT Enhance [​IMG] 500 to the feed contributes consequently to better
    in poultry livestock performance while protecting the health of an intestinal
    Safe Mode.

Ref Schulz & Schasteen, 2006

European Food Safety Agency

Internal Investigation in a dose study - respuestaInterna dossier as part of the EU. Data available on request

4. dirtsaver

dirtsaver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Kentucky
    Good deal H&H. That was what I was looking for but only found the info for up to the Next 350 supplement. I must have overlooked it.

5. chickenshagg

chickenshagg THE ALPHA ROO

Apr 18, 2009
    St. Charles, MO
    I'm glad you found some info. Because the tag/label is just a plain white sticker on the brown bag. The only other thing it says is Mix Composite and there is lot number on each bag.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by