Free-feeding nutritional yeast??

Strix-Aliana

Chirping
Jun 27, 2020
I need to get my ducklings on niacin ASAP. Can I just put some in a feeder and let them free-feed??? Seems like a hassle to have to calculate.

Also, I have chicks in the same area. Will it harm the them??

Ducklings are so messy and from what I've experienced, they're going to make a disgusting mess out of the NY flakes. Since they get everything messy, I use a 1/2 cup to scoop out their duckfood and then use a 1/2 tablespoon to scoop out the yeast flakes and give them a quick slight stir before placing it for the ducklings. I would worry about them ruining a lot of the yeast soon after putting it out for them. I'm sure someone with experience will be along soon. I wish you the best

Edited to add that my ducklings make a mashy mess out of their food before it's gone. It becomes impossible to tell what's food and what's poops

Ducklings are so messy and from what I've experienced, they're going to make a disgusting mess out of the NY flakes. Since they get everything messy, I use a 1/2 cup to scoop out their duckfood and then use a 1/2 tablespoon to scoop out the yeast flakes and give them a quick slight stir before placing it for the ducklings. I would worry about them ruining a lot of the yeast soon after putting it out for them. I'm sure someone with experience will be along soon. I wish you the best

Edited to add that my ducklings make a mashy mess out of their food before it's gone. It becomes impossible to tell what's food and what's poops
I’ll try it first thing and let you know 😉

Back
Top Bottom