Free Fertilized Silkie Eggs in MN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Picklestix7866, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Picklestix7866

Picklestix7866 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    Hi! I have a bunch of Silkies and they are starting to lay eggs again. I already have enough chickens plus 23 Silkie chicks in the brooder right now. I'm just throwing them out, and I would prefer if they went somewhere where they could be of some use. They should be fetilized. I have about seven hens and four roosters. One roo is blue, one is black, one is white, and one is splash, so you can get a variety of colored chicks, but last summer when I hatched a few I mostly ended up with dark blues and blacks. I get a few a day. I'm not going to guaranee hatch rate because of the different factors during incubation that come in play but I've had pretty decent turn outs, especially when my hens hatched them themselves.

These are free as long as you can tell me what you will do with the chicks when they hatch. They must go to good, safe home. These will NOT go to be raised for meat. You also must be able to care for them if they end up being roosters. You must pick them up. Please email me if you are interested and I will start collecting them. Please be sure to describe why you want them and how they will be cared for when they hatch.

I can also send pics of the parent Silkies if interested.

1 person likes this.
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Darn!! Pick up only?? My little boy just loves silkies!! He has 10 already [​IMG] I'm sure someone will jump on this offer!!

3. Picklestix7866

Picklestix7866 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    Yeah. I don't really know how to ship them properly. lol.

4. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Where in MN are you?

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Nice offer.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  6. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I would also pay for shipping. And they would all get to live out their lives with me (or one of my BYC buds)....Silkies for meat makes me cringe...lol.

7. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Where in MN are you?? Would you be able to meet at all???
    I live close to the WI/MN border....I could either meet or drive to your place if not to far 'into the cities'....Don't handle the cities well...Although I know how to get the the MSP airport...lol

I would love to get silkie eggs....My girls are always always always looking for new 4-H projects too....

Just let me know....

Thank you
    Shawna

8. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Shawna -

I have to go to North Branch tonight, which is very near Harris. If we can arrange it, I'll pick some up for both of us and then head to my BF's house in EC.

BTW, pups are doing GREAT! went out yesterday on and off leashes, have figured out what "pee and poop outside" means, and come when called! Still working on the pee and poop "only outside" but we'll get there!

k

9. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:ok let me know....I would love to get some EVIL SILKIES....lol

i am so happy to hear the puppies are doing good....have you come up with a name for the white one yet??? I am assuming Sydney stayed Sydney...lol

10. WiseChicks

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Yes, Sydney is Sydney, and the all white little girl is now offically named "Ebony". (Bella, Mia, Ella, and Clara were soundly veto'd)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by