Free free range chicks

Airplaneguy57

Songster
9 Years
Feb 23, 2010
Rio Medina Texas
My neighbor has a boatload of chickens. Some are free range, right in my yard. I found two areas where the girls have nested. Would it be proper to collect the eggs and hatch them? I'mcurrently building a tractor so I have time.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Proper or not, they are in your yard so they are your eggs. Go for it. That's how we got started. The neighbors chickens laid eggs in my barn... LOL

Depends on how much you like your neighbors
smile.png

I would take them and hatch them, they are going to go to waste anyways. But if you are on good terms with your neighbors you might offer them a chick or two. It will just depend on what kind of neighbor they are. I have one that would be ok with that, and one that wouldn't.

Or you just hatch them and keep quiet. Sorta like the apple tree hanging over the fence. You can take the apples and share a pie, or not, it is up to you.

Since you allow your neighbours chickens to roam around your place you seem to be on good terms with your neighbour. Ask them about you keeping any eggs you find at your place....
If you hatch some of those eggs they would be the same breed or mixture that the neighbour has so it would be hard to hide that from them.You said you're making a tractor - do you have chickens of your own already?

Ok, she has been setting every time I go out there. What do y'all think of removing the eggs and candle. This way if they are no good she won't waste her time. If they are good I will pit them back.

Back
Top Bottom