Free Frizzle-Cochin Chick That Needs TLC - Leg Injury, Maybe Permanent (Seattle/Tacoma Area)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by brizendinejm, Oct 10, 2013.

1. brizendinejm

brizendinejm New Egg

Oct 10, 2013
    My beautiful 5-week old black bantam frizzle-cochin chick "Frizzle Baby" needs a new home where someone has time to nurse her back to health. She is suffering from spray/spraddle leg and curled toes. (http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it.html). While she seems to be making progress, it is slow and unknown whether or not she will make a full recovery. She requires being caged for her safety and having her feet/legs in braces which limits her mobility. She also needs to receive vitamins/medicine a couple times a day.

Frizzle Baby is a very sweet little chicken. She is very sociable and enjoys being held. She is alert, has a good appetite and loves to flap her wings and try to hop around. Outside of her leg/feet issues, she is a very healthy and happy little chicken.

I work too much and feel bad leaving her locked up for 12 hours without any interaction. If you have time to care for an injured chicken and/or want a "house chicken", then she is a great candidate. Please contact me if you know if anyone that can give Frizzle Baby a good home. Thank you so much!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. BelleFarm

BelleFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2013
    Kingwood, New Jersey
    Where are you located? She is a very pretty chicken.

3. brizendinejm

brizendinejm New Egg

Oct 10, 2013
    We are located in Edgewood, on the North Hill of Puyallup.

4. mossyman

mossyman New Egg

Oct 11, 2013
    I would love to have her i had a red hen she hatched out 13 chicks and there feathers are so unique i have lots of chickens i would love to take her off your hands frizzles are a perfect breed call if u need to 12707890565 aldo lookin for silkie hens

5. Yvonne13

Yvonne13 Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2013
    Michigan :)
    Would you ship her?

6. mollychick2013

mollychick2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Im in shelton, wa but I can go to lacey, if you would be willing to meet there. I am a stay at home mom and we have other chickens, but we can keep her inside and try to nurse her back to health.

7. brizendinejm

brizendinejm New Egg

Oct 10, 2013
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I have found a temporary home for Frizzle Baby today and hope that she does well and recovers quickly with all day TLC! :)

8. Poultryboy15

Poultryboy15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2012
    Texas
    if its temporary i will take him i have 4 Special Needs chickens (leg problem,wing problem,neck problem and nerve problems) and i am willing to take the chick.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by